Wednesday 5 December 2012

- Answers to YOUR Questions -

My nail beds are smooth and pink, but the tips are yellow. What causes this and how can I fix it?



It sounds like your nail beds are healthy but the tips are stained. The nicotine in cigarettes can turn your nails yellow, but I hope that's not the root of your problem. Instead, I'm going to assume that you're dealing with the most common cause of yellowing: wearing nail polish. To eliminate the stains, lightly buff your unpolished nails and dip your nails into slices of lemon for five or ten minutes. Do the soak every other day until you see an improvement.

To prevent restaining, use always a base coat before any nail polish, and give your nails a polish-free week every once in a while.
But what if you're a nonsmoker and a nonpolisher? Then the staining may be due to aging. For that inevitable condition, run a whitening pencil under the tips. However if none of the above works, consult a dermatologist. Rarely yellowing can be caused by an underlying medical condition.

Sorry for the late post, I have been busy with university work. Hope my answer was helpful ;)


Yours truly,
-MJ-

No comments:

Post a Comment